Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Desperate For Advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His arraignment is May 22nd. I thought maybe senoir judge was thinking that we were somehow trying to work the system. I just wanted to make sure that he knew that that's not the case at all. We honestly don't have the money for an attorney right now. He wasn't working for a while after losing his job. Now that he is we are struggling to catch up on our bills. We want to make things right. I just fear that if he goes to jail that I won't be able to financially support our family. I understand and honestly, want to pay bakc the money he took. I am just wondering if maybe probation is an option here or if jail is mandatory. That's why I was confused when the court clerk told us to plead not guilty. I just don't want anything to come back to bite us on the backside. Thank you for your help. I am trying to learn as much as I can before the court date. By the way, what happens after arraignment?

Yes and request a court appointed attorney at that time. There will be financial papers and some others (the request, etc) to fill out to see if you qualify. My son got the paperwork after court from the court clerk. They will give you another court date and in the meantime meet with the lawyer and he can explain the whole process. You can google your state laws on theft and arraignments and court procedures and so on as each state is a little different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back