designated drivers request regulation seperate from taxis

NOFAIRDDSERVICE

Designated Driver Service, if included in local ordinance concerning taxi service regulation, will potentially cause our business to be liable for truth in advertising, and descrimination sectors of law. Also could potentially open city to anti-trust, anti-competition, and fair trade laws as well as counter policies, laws, guidelines and regulations on state, federal, and international levels. DD Service is not asking not to be regulated, just regulated in a seperate manner as it is in the best interest for all involved. There are currently no laws, regulations, guidelines or legal measures put in place for designated drivers, and this service is trying to establish those measures at local level with intent to expand to state, federal, and international.
Any advice or any legal help on this matter would be absolutely appreciated. The need for anonymity is not needed. .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how you can have a designated driver for hire and not call it a taxi.
Including such a company under taxi regulations seems perfectly legitimate. There is no loophole unless maybe you want to provide the service for free and only accept "donations"... Which means drunk and broke passengers can easily rip you off. That might not even work and would be a lousy idea to try.

This might be more than we can help you with. We can't change any "laws", add any "laws"........ You can discuss with a lawyer I guess.

I'm confused. Is this some kind of tipsy taxi service where a bar calls for a drunk and another company or the city pays a flat fee for them to be taken home?

Hey Betty, you need to cruise down to the Edward Jones dome and check out the FIRST Robotics World competition in a few weeks. If you have younger kids the Lego League is also competing in another venue. Already trying to figure out how to pack in my mobility scooter and still have cushions to lay on the van floor for the trip back and forth from OH.

I know they recently had a LEGO exhibit for the kids (or anyone). It's over now I believe. It was on our news & in the local paper. They had some pictures in the paper of things made with LEGOs that were at the DOME & they were really neat. I didn't go - don't have any kids. It sold out fast - neighbor wanted to go & take son but waited too long to try & get tickets.

Are you actually coming to St. Louis? I didn't hear anything about the Robotics competition yet. If the Cards are playing at home, that's where I will probably be (Busch Stadium) & not at the DOME. :)

Last edited:
Back