Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft (Dept. store) shoplift $25, what happens next, CA state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam85

Please help me to prepare to what happen next. I was stupid to stole in (Dept. store) few small items of close to $25.00. They did not call the police, and told me that "I am very lucky since no police...". This was my frst time, and I have clean records, I am 40. LP took a copy of my driver license, asked me to empty my purse and count how much I had, and asked me for my race, and if this was my first time while he was filling out some paper. (Dept. store) people took items back. They did not count or evaluate the items. I was given a letter to expect Civil penalty... I did not sing anything.
I am worry about if they will prosecute me, meaning if I have to go to court eventually...LP guy told me that he will mention in his report, and I can not ever come to this store.

Thank you.
P.S. I did not count how much I had in front of the LP, I just said it is $55.00, and left money on the table. And I did not look at the LP. Next day I realized I was short of $20.00.I was home whole. Hope these $20 cover the items.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the police were not called, they will probably not prosecute. If they do, get a lawyer. You should receive a civil demand penalty/fine letter in the mail. Stay out of the store & stop shoplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back