Depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

briansgurl1973

My fiance and i have been through so rough patches if we cant get a no-contact order lifted in the stae of washington can it follow us if we do intend to move out of state together?

My fiance and i have been through so rough patches if we cant get a no-contact order lifted in the stae of washington can it follow us if we do intend to move out of state together?

I am not advising you to move to another state.

Generally speaking, Federal law requires all states to honor, respect, and enforce protective orders issued by other states.
You should contact the nearest court in the state where you are considering relocating to for guidance.
In fact, you might be wise to seek more information from an attorney in the state where you desire to move..

What you are doing could be something you regret.
People tend to say the RIGHT thing to get others to do the WRONG thing.
Why not seek to have the no contact order lifted?

If you move to Maine, only the two of you would know about the no contact order in your current state.
If there are no issues between you and the other party, no one might ever know.

Whatever you do, think carefully, proceed cautiously, seek the advice of people you respect and trust, not the other party in the matter.

Last edited:

You've obviously been in contact despite the order.

I'm not sure why you're asking after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back