Deposit paid for item, but will item ever be produced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick03

Hi! This is my first message here. I'll try to be brief.

A little over a year ago, I placed a deposit ($200) with a musical instrument dealership, who deals in instruments from a prominent US instrument manufacturer. The manufacturer maintains a forum, and at the time was indicating that instruments of the type I had ordered were meant to be completed by the end of 2007. Dates have since been given for April, then May, and so far none of these instruments have been produced. Queries posted to the forum and to the factory's information email address have had no response. Moreover, whenever production issues arise, this particular model is consistently omitted from discussion. So I begin to wonder whether they have any plans to produce the instrument at all, or whether they have now planned not to introduce the instrument.

Do I have any grounds to demand an answer as to their intentions to fill these orders? What kind of information, if any, am I entitled to demand? If they do not intend to fill these orders, am I entitled to interest on the deposit (on top of the deposit itself, of course)? Would I be entitled to any other damages (e.g. I have passed up many other instrument buying opportunities while waiting on this order, often for instruments that are extremely difficult to find)? The factory maintains that, legally, their customer is only the dealership; to whom should I make my demands, and against whom (if anyone) should I make my complaints?

Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back