Deportation

MariaG96

Jurisdiction
Montana
My dad had been deported ever since 2007. As soon as he got deported he left peacefully back to Mexico. His punishment was for 5 years. He has his own business down there where he works everyday and decided he didn't have interest in coming back. I had called an immigration officer to ask about my dads social security and to have information about his retirement. The police officer also mentioned me that my dad had a report on 2012 at Coachella, California at a lawn mowing job. I found this extremely weird since my dad hasn't crossed at all the border ever since 2007, he is unable since he has to sign paperwork everyday and be with his clients. I believe someone has been using his name or this company is trying to do something using his name. He worked for the company about 15-16 years ago. I honestly don't know what to do. And Idk where to go either for more information of what we could do. I hope to find answers soon :)

My dad had been deported ever since 2007. As soon as he got deported he left peacefully back to Mexico. His punishment was for 5 years. He has his own business down there where he works everyday and decided he didn't have interest in coming back. I had called an immigration officer to ask about my dads social security and to have information about his retirement. The police officer also mentioned me that my dad had a report on 2012 at Coachella, California at a lawn mowing job. I found this extremely weird since my dad hasn't crossed at all the border ever since 2007, he is unable since he has to sign paperwork everyday and be with his clients. I believe someone has been using his name or this company is trying to do something using his name. He worked for the company about 15-16 years ago. I honestly don't know what to do. And Idk where to go either for more information of what we could do. I hope to find answers soon :)

Do you think an illegal alien gets to receive a pension?

There's nothing you can do, anyway.

If your deported daddy is interested in any financial affairs, he should make those inquiries himself.

Immigration has nothing to do with your Dad's Social Security Retirement. If your Dad has a US social security number and paid federal income taxes while he was employed in the US he should be entitled to benefits.

I can't guarantee that but he can go on to the SSA website, set up an account for himself and review his earnings history.

Have him go to the following web page and create an account for himself.

my Social Security

If his history shows earnings in 2012 he can address that with the SSA.

My dad worked over 20 years as a Fisherman in Alaska, also worked many years as a Farmer. Paid all his taxes and never ever did he ask for help to the government. He actually never really got deported, his greencard was about to expire and if he wasn't gonna renew it , he was gonna get 5 years of punishment, so he just kinda packed his things and left before anything happened.
Thank you for your answers, I'm gonna try to help him get his pension since he's about to turn 62 and in a couple more years he'll need it. And I'll try to find out who is using his name, because like I said, he hasn't crossed the border ever since 2007.

Back