Deportation Possible for Illegal Citizen?

Scott Kennedy

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hey all, before I begin this is my first post and I have no idea if I'm using this website correctly. Let me also say these events happened to a friend (let's call him Jack) and I am posting this on behalf of his apprehension and hope of gaining some clarity. Jack is a teenager and not yet wise enough to trust his judgement in these types of situations.

So around midnight Jack found himself in the middle of a late-night run stopped by a middle-aged Hispanic lady with a thick accent. Looking moderately worried, she told Jack she couldn't find her three kids and he offered to help. After looking and not finding them, Jack asked if she'd like him to call the police. She said no and became extremely worried by that statement. Jack thought she might be an illegal immigrant and said he wouldn't call and offered to continue searching for the kids. The woman was very uncomfortable and must've deemed him untrustworthy at this point and asked him to go, becoming steadily more agitated before he reluctantly left.

Jack left and called me on what to do. I told him to go find her again and help her look. So he tried but couldn't find the mother. My friend was really worried about the missing children and he decided to file a non-emergency police report. Now sorry for the long story, but he is worried that the mother could be in serious trouble, especially due to her alleged illegal status. Is this true? Would the police question her status or take action? Thanks for any help.

This is complete speculation.
Jack does not know the identity of the woman, her status, or if the children even exist. His report was likely forgotten as soon as he gave it.

If the woman does exist, and if a report of lost children was made, the focus would be on locating those children. While it is possible the issue of her citizenship may come up, it is not likely any action would be taken. Local police are not federal immigration authorities.

Local police are not federal immigration authorities.

No, but some local police do actively cooperate with ICE. While some of the more liberal cities and states of this country have designated themselves sanctuaries for illegal aliens and specifically prohibit their police from cooperating with the feds on most immigration matters, others are quite happy to cooperate with the feds. A lot of police in Texas, I dare say, would be quite happy to report a possible illegal alien to the feds.

Texas police, for the most part, will arrest border burglars.

Hey all, before I begin this is my first post and I have no idea if I'm using this website correctly. Let me also say these events happened to a friend (let's call him Jack) and I am posting this on behalf of his apprehension and hope of gaining some clarity. Jack is a teenager and not yet wise enough to trust his judgement in these types of situations.

So around midnight Jack found himself in the middle of a late-night run stopped by a middle-aged Hispanic lady with a thick accent. Looking moderately worried, she told Jack she couldn't find her three kids and he offered to help. After looking and not finding them, Jack asked if she'd like him to call the police. She said no and became extremely worried by that statement. Jack thought she might be an illegal immigrant and said he wouldn't call and offered to continue searching for the kids. The woman was very uncomfortable and must've deemed him untrustworthy at this point and asked him to go, becoming steadily more agitated before he reluctantly left.

Jack left and called me on what to do. I told him to go find her again and help her look. So he tried but couldn't find the mother. My friend was really worried about the missing children and he decided to file a non-emergency police report. Now sorry for the long story, but he is worried that the mother could be in serious trouble, especially due to her alleged illegal status. Is this true? Would the police question her status or take action? Thanks for any help.

Jack, a teenager, is out at midnight, doing a late night run? Where are Jack's parents and why is it ok with them that their child is out running around at midnight? Jack sounds like he's super sketchy with his activities. Just sayin'.

Back