Medical Malpractice Dentist shaved 10% of my tooth off, he says he didnt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickT916

im not sure what to do about this. I have baby teeth, so instead of braces i decided to give lumeneers a try. If anyone is familiar with them, they are tooth cover, but not like crown, vaneers are like crowns, that require the tooth to be shaved off, and a crown is put on. This is the reason i went with lumeneers instead. Even their site says "prepless tooth process"

I put these on about 3 years ago, 10 lumeneers, 6 top 4 bottom. price was $10,000+ they told me i have to pay everything up front, and then after the work is done, they send everything to my insurance company and they will rein bust me. They even stated in the email to me that they called the insurance company and they told me that all the work is covered, and once im done ill get my money back within 4-6 weeks

well 2 months went by and i got one check from my insurance company for $140 or something, and even that was in the doctors name, so i had to come in, for them to write me a new check to me.

Anyhow, i never got my money back from my insurance company, and them telling me that i will get the money back, i pulled all the money i could out of my credit cards, maxed my finances out, and everything out of my savings. Since i never got any of it back, i was in a struggle for a while, i kept debating if i should go to court for this or let it go, back and forth.

i emailed them back before about the situation, and how i was thinking about going to court because they lied to me, and if there is anything they can do to help me with my finances, but i was pretty much told tough luck!

Now 3 years later my front tooth broke off while eating steak. This is another big reason why i didnt want to do any prep work to my tooth, in case one brakes off, my baby teeth wont look even smaller. So it broke off, even tho it was a bit embarrassing, i dealth with it for about 1-2 months before deciding to call that same dentist who lied to me, knowing i would have to pay upfront about $1,000 to get that a new lumeneer cover for that front tooth.

I made an appointment, I came in, they checked it all out, started cleaning and such. Well, then he started grinding my tooth, i asked him what he was doing, and he said he was just cleaning up the tooth from them glue cement stuff, im all ok, but the process was taking a while, and i could smell the tooth drilling type of smell, like a tooth is being shaved off, enamel is being removed, this shouldnt be happening with "cleaning" I kept thinking if this is them trying to pay me back for "threatening" to sue them for lying to me? but i kept reassuring myself that its just cleaning, im thinking to much, so i told myself ill check it out at home and it will be all good. They made a new mold of the tooth, took some pictures, and i went off home with a new appointment in a month to put the new lumeneer tooth cover on.

So i get home, and what do you know!! my tooth is shaved up, about 10% is shaved off!!!! and my tooth was made thinner, and it was made to look crooked, it was small before ok, but it was at least squared, now it was distorted, thinner, enamel shaved. I got so angry, i didnt want to go into public, i felt humiliated and felt like i was taken advantage of.

Since i already prepaid for the new tooth cover, i didnt want to raise a big deal over it because i just wanted to get the new cover back on asap! i figured ill give it a month and maybe it will be all good, maybe things will get better, maybe they have a reason for what they did, but i was still angry they didnt tell me, or ask me if its ok to shave off because they had to for some weird reason.

So i went in for the new appointment for my new crown, as much as i wanted to say something, i stayed calm, waited for my new tooth cover, didnt say much to them, kept thinking on how i should ask them about this situation and what reason would they give me. I had my phone with me, and my phone has a voice recorded, so i decided this will be really useful.

after 2-3 hours everything was done and i have decided to ask him about the tooth, and why it was shaved off a few weeks ago when i came in for the new cover. HE SAID HE DIDNT TOUCH IT!!!

here is picture of the tooth before and after, and also the recording of the short conversation. also included their site Sacramento Cosmetic Dentist where they say "there is no tooth removal beforehand" and "In most cases little or no tooth reduction is necessary" i wouldnt go with a lumeneer if i knew my tooth needed to be reduced, shaved, drilled.

please tell me what you guys think.

before and after picture, noticed how they made my tooth smaller, more distorted and crooked.

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii153_Shelby916_toothcomparebeforeandafter2.jpg

here is the recorded conversation

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/Shelby916/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

Is that "original tooth" picture with a lumineer, or without?

I imagine you might have a tough time proving actual damages. You got a new cover on your tooth, which is exactly what you were going to get anyways. You might have a claim for false advertising. I'd consult with a local attorney.

bottom picture is original took on the left, and no lumeneer on the right, top picture, lumeneer on the right and shaved original tooth on the left, so the left is the original tooth, top picture is after it got shaved off, notice its at least 10% smaller

also the doctor says he didnt shave it off or anything, he didnt touch it, so its lying false advertisement and personal injury. Because they have to tell you if they have to do such thing, they cant put ona lumeneer one day and say, yea your teeth wont need any work, and then the next day, shave your tooth and just say we are cleaning it, thats bad stuff

I think the only way you would get anything from this is if you didnt get the cover, but you did, so you cant see the uneven tooth, correct? So you want to sue for the 2 weeks you had an uneven tooth? Did you sign a contract that expressed the insurance details and coverage, or just took their word for it. I would definitely contact your insurance company and see how their communication with the office has been. Since they were paid upfront then the doctor probably isnt making your insurance his #1 priority. $140 and $10,000 is a big big difference. Are you your insurance said they would cover the entire procedure? that seems unlikely to me

most of my communication was through an email. they have pictures of the tooth after the grinded it, and they have pictures of the tooth prior to grinding it. The doctor keeps saying he didnt touch the tooth. He said he can send me pictures of before the tooth to show that it was the same, i told him to send it, but havent received anything yet. i have my own pictures of before and after.

also the crown is only on the front of the tooth, it doesnt cover the back of the tooth, so if looked from inside the mouth you can see the shape of the tooth.

they told me i was covered by insurance by mail, so everything i have as my records.

i want to sue them for $300,000 for physical damages, damages without my permission, no longer a reversible procedure, tooth damaged for life, enamel shaved off, made thinner, smaller, and uneven. The reason i picked their office is to have a reversible procedure, to have a 100% original tooth under the lumeneer. This way if it ever breaks again, and i dont have the money to fix it, ill at least have my original tooth, now they not only damaged my tooth, but also my ego, and i will be ashamed to go in public places ever again because of how much worse it will look being grinded off at an angle like that and made smaller. I had baby teeth as it is.

im still looking for a good lawyer in sacramento, i have to email some offices and see what replies ill get.

Same thing happen to me Dr.Samaroo of Neo on Superior became angry after I questioned his procedures. After the shaving he told me I now have cavities. That Bitch! I need to tape him too but, I am not going to chance him ever touching my teeth. Send me an email telling how you pursued this legally. If we put a national case against bad dentist it may can save us money to pursue this law suit.

Janice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back