Medical Malpractice dental malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEN_MARSHALL

I have gum disease and have had it for about 6 years in which the dentist did not inform me of such. I filed a complaint with the Canadian Dental Assoc. in which they admitted fault. They then stated that I should collect all necessary amounts for New Dental Implants and expenses. I have done this and have the cost of removing teeth and replacing the old with New Implants. My problem is what to ask for in regards to compensation and suffering.
I have to have 3 teeth removed and two bridges on the upper left and right of my mouth. I then have to have a serious operation in which they take bone from both hips and place it in the upper right and left. It has to heal for 1 month then the healing for the next part is 6 months. I then have to have implants placed in the new bone and wait another six months before prosthodontic work or new teeth can be added to the implants. I will be without chewing ability for about 13 months.
I will have to be on crutches for 3 weeks and it will take another
4 weeks before i get my legs back. The cost the dental work is about $ 50,000.... What should I ask for in pain and suffering??
Is there other cases of this that I can refer to??
Thanks Ken

I'm very sorry to hear about your pain and suffering.

You ask a very good question about quantifying damages. In the US I know that there are guidelines that are applied but you may do well to hire someone to obtain this amount. It should not be too difficult and perhaps a small fee to an experienced medical malpractice attorney to provide a professional appraisal might be a good idea and investment of funds. We'll be glad to provide a recommendation should you need it.

I hope that the implants have been successful and that you are well on the road to recovery.

Originally posted by KEN MARSHALL
I have gum disease and have had it for about 6 years in which the dentist did not inform me of such. I filed a complaint with the Canadian Dental Assoc. in which they admitted fault. They then stated that I should collect all necessary amounts for New Dental Implants and expenses. I have done this and have the cost of removing teeth and replacing the old with New Implants. My problem is what to ask for in regards to compensation and suffering.
I have to have 3 teeth removed and two bridges on the upper left and right of my mouth. I then have to have a serious operation in which they take bone from both hips and place it in the upper right and left. It has to heal for 1 month then the healing for the next part is 6 months. I then have to have implants placed in the new bone and wait another six months before prosthodontic work or new teeth can be added to the implants. I will be without chewing ability for about 13 months.
I will have to be on crutches for 3 weeks and it will take another
4 weeks before i get my legs back. The cost the dental work is about $ 50,000.... What should I ask for in pain and suffering??
Is there other cases of this that I can refer to??
Thanks Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back