Denied medication in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtystn

I was arrested and jailed 3-11- 2008.At the time of my booking I was asked if I take any medication and I informed them that I take Thyroid medication.I didn't know the exact dose but informed them of the location of my pharmacy. Not realizing that you can't call cell phones from jail it took me 12 days before I was able to get a bail reduction and get out. On day 1 I got in the medication line to discover that my medication was not available yet. I did this everyday with and everyday the nurse would shake their head and tell me they would look into it.I filled out several medical tank order requesting my medication and giving them the location to my pharmacy to call.On day 6 I started to feel very sick and lethargic requested to see a doctor and was told that there was as back log because a doctor was out sick.For the next 6 days I was in a state of depression and had sucidal thoughts. On day 10 They I begged to see a doctor and was able to see the nurse who informed me they did not have the medication and it would take 2 days to get it. I was able to bond out 12 days later and never received my medication in jail. I am home now but I am still suffering depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back