Other Green Card Issue Denied Green Card Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellthecoffee8

A friend of mine applied for a residency card renewal, but got denied. He has been living in the US for over 8 years and owns his own business and obviously wants to stay. He is not sure why he got denied, however, his attorney never filed a Motion to Reopen or Reconsider, and did not even inform him of any Motion deadlines, obligations, etc. The denial occurred 4 months ago, so it's past the time for filing any Motion (30 days). What can he do? Does he have any options?

You don't have anywhere near enough info as the friend. Advise him to discuss this with an immigration attorney.

He has an immigration attorney who he contacted 2-3 weeks after the denial, which yes - he's an idiot for waiting so long. However, it does not appear that the attorney made the case a priority. Knowing that he only had several days, maybe a week at most, to file a Motion, I would think that he would HAVE to make my friend's case a priority, or at least tell his client what options were open to him, if any. He called the attorney the other day to get information on why he was denied renewal, and the attorney didn't even know.

He might want to discuss with a different immigration attorney. I don't know if it will help but he could try talking to the USCIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back