Delayed Certificate Of Birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake2525

Hi, I am 20 years old and have been trying to get my Delayed Certificate of Birth for over 3 years. I have no ID of any sort, no SSN no Drivers License and Florida is telling me I HAVE to come down to Florida for court. Me and my family are way to broke to drive down there and I'm wondering if there is any other way we can please them WITHOUT having to go down there?
Please help!!! I can't do anything and I'm starting to go mad without it. Also please let me know if I'm writing this in the wrong area.

No SSN, no ID?
I am assuming there was something about your birth in Florida that was a little unusual?
How did you get through school and get to be 20 without an SSN? Have you had a job or paid taxes?
Did you have a false one? Were your parents immigrants?
You can't possibly expect this to not be complicated. You have to jump through the hoops.
You are going to have to go to Florida and work things out.

I have to go to Florida because I filled out a petition for a Delayed Certificate of Birth and Floridas response was "in order to get your Delayed Certificate of Birth you must show up in court". That was the response from the judges secretary anyways. I can't talk to the judge directly.

No. My parents are born and raised in The United States. I was born at home and my parents just never got to it till I was about 10 and have been working on it since. I was home schooled and got a G.E.D. But that doesn't count for anything (is what Florida says). I'm just asking for help. Also we have been jumping through hoops for about 10 years now. So now I need help. I spent 400 dollars on sending my papers in and now I have to show up to court?! We can not afford that. I just would like to know if there's a way to help them out without having to drive down there

Don't worry, they'll come get you one day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

I just would like to know if there's a way to help them out without having to drive down there

Apparently not. As you describe it you don't officially exist.
What kind of ID was used to get your GED?
Your 20... have you held a job?
It appears there is something more to this that you don't want to divulge, and that is likely the reason you have to appear in court. You need to show someone that you do exist and explain where you have been.
How would Florida issue a birth certificate under the circumstances you describe? How would they know you weren't born somewhere else?
Your letters, phone calls, etc, are meaningless. Your sworn statements in court are apparently what is needed.
How far are you from Florida? Why not hop on Amtrak or Greyhound if you can't drive?

No. Not really. I can get a job here and there. But I can only work for so long before it becomes illegal and I don't want to do anything illegal. Well I have a No records found document i was born in the same house as my father and its all written down in our family Bible. Which they say can be a sign of proof. But what evidence do I have to bring to court to prove my existence besides all the original documents that they have?! Because I can not afford to go down there. Is there a way to go to court where i live and not have to go all the way down there is what I am trying to find out.

Just asking - are you sure you were born in Florida even though your parents said you were? Were there any witnesses to your birth that your parents mentioned? Where do you live now? How long have you lived there? Something doesn't seem/sound right here.

You will probably have to go to Florida as you were told.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't like to give out any kinda information of where I live. I've lived here for 8 years. Yes I have 6 older siblings and they where at home when I was born. So unless there all lying I was born in Florida. I was born at home my parents were told that they could get my birth certificate anytime they wanted to but when 911 hit everything changed and ever since about then we have been trying to get my Delayed Birth Certificate. That's the whole story. I'm not hiding anything you could ask me whatever you guys need to know as long as it helps me get my Delayed Certificate of Birth

Maybe some of your siblings could "swear" you were born at home & when.

Be prepared to get plenty of resistance from the government. After "911", and with the advent of a scam alleging events along the lines of yours, swearing to your birth without other evidence to substantiate your presence in the US for two decades; you'll be hard pressed to obtain a social security card, a delayed US state birth certificate, or a passport.

Be advised, when you claim six siblings, someone will break out the DNA testing kits. I don't know anything about your situation, OP, and I'm not the border police, but similar stories have resulted in criminal prosecutions.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back