deferment/other options for GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonrhart

I am from OK and on my way home from FL on July 4th, I got tagged in GA doing 95 in a 70. I know that's bad....there were about 7 drivers following the "they can't get us all" mentality. We were wrong, right across the state line from FL they had about 20 HP's getting everyone in sight. Since then I've been looking for information about tickets, I don't mind paying the $275 for the ticket, since I shouldn't have been going that fast, but I don't feel like paying double or more of my already high insurance premium's.

Could someone tell me about any options I could use in GA? I've seen some things about deferment before judgement, judgement of prayer...things like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Georgia Speeding Ticket

I am from OK and on my way home from FL on July 4th, I got tagged in GA doing 95 in a 70. I know that's bad....there were about 7 drivers following the "they can't get us all" mentality. We were wrong, right across the state line from FL they had about 20 HP's getting everyone in sight.

Oklahoma is a member of the Nonresident Violator Compact of 1977. The ticket will be reported and posted to your MVR in accordance with the laws in Oklahoma. Georgia traffic courts are not friendly places so you are basically out of luck.

Since then I've been looking for information about tickets, I don't mind paying the $275 for the ticket, since I shouldn't have been going that fast, but I don't feel like paying double or more of my already high insurance premium's

Then you should have stayed 10 to 12mph over the limit. GA troopers usually ignore you since there are so many better opportunities. If you have Geico expect to be dropped altogether since I understand from another forum that any ticket of over 20mph results in cancellation with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back