Defective Nike Sneaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeom18

About a year and half ago I purchased Nike Air Max 180 Basketball sneakers, after about a years use, one day after coming down from jumping the air unit in the heel expanded almost like a little ball and caused me to severely sprain my ankle, I went to the hospital and took pictures of everything, I then contact Nike and followed their instructions in which I sent them medical records and the sneakers, they admitted they had a defective sneaker. Now they want to offer me only $1000, I am inclined to take this offer due to the fact that I still have weakness and pain when playing, and on the account of them not reimbursing me for the time I missed for work. I need advice someone please help me, should I counter-offer?

This is the classic case where the help of a personal injury attorney is really a must. Get yourself an attorney. Good luck!

Nike Air Max Defect Lead to Foot Injury

I too had a similar situation. My Nike Air Max 180 sneakers were defective. The air bubble bursted, but since there was no clear puncture wound I continued wearing them for my daily runs. Days later I could hardly walk because of the pain in my left foot. I went to a doctor and was unable to exercise or walk for several days. I sent the shoes back to Nike and they issued a full credit for the shoes, but my injury persists. After doing some research it appears that there is clearly a defect in the Nike Air Max 180 shoes. There is no trace of them on the Nike web site and an employee at Nike Town told me they were discontinued. Although Nike replaced my shoes my foot hurts so much I can't run.

I would also like more legal information so I can pursue my case against Nike.

As far as your situation, it looks like you have already "settled" with them by accepting the full credit for the sneakers from Nike. I would still take your case to a personal injury attorney to see what other options you have.

If they offered you a $1000 they are worry about owing you $10,000. Counter back to them with $5000 or you are going to get an attorney. Take anything North of $3000 if you don't have any permanent injuries. If you aren't up to that, get an attorney. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back