Defamation, Libel & Slander

• Thread Starter Mindymypastismypast
  • Start date
M

Mindymypastismypast

Jurisdiction
Missouri
We recently got two sets of new neighbors. The couple (family) that moved in first gave no problems. The second ones seemed to already have a problem with my adult children (none of which are residents in my home) because of being friends or knowing the ex of one or both parties. It started kinda small at first..by them yelling at someone in my drive to slow down when coming down the road. Then them drunk yelling at her exs friend or ex friend that was with my son .. Now its completely embarrassing and causing me fear and shame. They apparently didnt see that I was getting personally envolved in the young adult yelling and threat fest because why . They need to yell at my grown kids and thet yell back so what. They wanted it to be more personal with me. So they found out that I had a tuff time got messed up on with drugs . I ended up in prison. I paid my dues I completeted inpatients and out patient drug rehab. I successfully completed all requirements of the state probation and was granted a successful release from MODOC. That was way before the new neighbors infact I was done with all of what I just said two almost three years before they moved in. I have not had any dealings with law enforcement since my release. In 2013. Now every time they have something rude to yell at my kids they have to ask "hey can we get some drugs " Hows the sales dug dealer" This last Nov. I was throwing a baby shower for a young friend of mine and as my guest were arriving one male neighbor male yelled next door to the other, " hey look they are throwing a meth party!" The direct result was 2 ten year old girls , nieces of the recipient of said shower, come inside my home and ask , "Miny mom (me) whats a meth party?" I wanted to die. These people save a few had no idea of my past problems. Now any time I have any company still including my adult children they make sure they come out and yell back and forth about meth this and meth that. Just two nights ago they came out yelling about a loud stereo 8pm and it was turned promptly down and my guest promptly started apologizing, while both households had to come out cussing and yelling . As I am saying sorry they turned it off they werent thinking it was that late. Over and over I just kept saying that while they were gonna come over and beat my guest who also kept apologizing , until yep , " why the fuck you gottabe so load while your visiting your meth dealer she aint selling good shit any more!!?!" Came blaring out of one of their mouths. My lawn boy has told me that he stopped by to see when we wanted him to start this spring and we werent here, on his way from my front doir to his car he hears one of those people across the street yell. " awe dude so sorry your meth dealer isnt home punk" He just got in his car shaking his head not knowing wtf. My husband has never ever done drugs, he works 60 hours plus at a job he has had over 15 years. I have police statements stating that again and again. My husband has no police record ever. But he cant have company over because why would he want the harassment from the neighbors? We live in a sub division 14 houses on our street and just the two across the street act like this and throw my past in my and my families face.
Question what the heck can we do to stop it?
Thank you for taking the time to read all that and any answers will be appreciated.

Please go in and edit your post to add some paragraphs and white space. It's very difficult to read as it is.

If you think people are raising a ruckus you call the police and report it.

Otherwise, stimulus-response.

If an organism fails to receive a response, the behavior extinguishes itself eventually.

Translation, ignore the howler monkeys, eventually they'll silence themselves without your intervention.

Read this:
What is the stimulus-response theory in psychology? | eNotes

We recently got two sets of new neighbors. The couple (family) that moved in first gave no problems. The second ones seemed to already have a problem with my adult children (none of which are residents in my home) because of being friends or knowing the ex of one or both parties. It started kinda small at first..by them yelling at someone in my drive to slow down when coming down the road. Then them drunk yelling at her exs friend or ex friend that was with my son .. Now its completely embarrassing and causing me fear and shame. They apparently didnt see that I was getting personally envolved in the young adult yelling and threat fest because why . They need to yell at my grown kids and thet yell back so what. They wanted it to be more personal with me. So they found out that I had a tuff time got messed up on with drugs . I ended up in prison. I paid my dues I completeted inpatients and out patient drug rehab. I successfully completed all requirements of the state probation and was granted a successful release from MODOC. That was way before the new neighbors infact I was done with all of what I just said two almost three years before they moved in. I have not had any dealings with law enforcement since my release. In 2013. Now every time they have something rude to yell at my kids they have to ask "hey can we get some drugs " Hows the sales dug dealer" This last Nov. I was throwing a baby shower for a young friend of mine and as my guest were arriving one male neighbor male yelled next door to the other, " hey look they are throwing a meth party!" The direct result was 2 ten year old girls , nieces of the recipient of said shower, come inside my home and ask , "Miny mom (me) whats a meth party?" I wanted to die. These people save a few had no idea of my past problems. Now any time I have any company still including my adult children they make sure they come out and yell back and forth about meth this and meth that. Just two nights ago they came out yelling about a loud stereo 8pm and it was turned promptly down and my guest promptly started apologizing, while both households had to come out cussing and yelling . As I am saying sorry they turned it off they werent thinking it was that late. Over and over I just kept saying that while they were gonna come over and beat my guest who also kept apologizing , until yep , " why the fuck you gottabe so load while your visiting your meth dealer she aint selling good shit any more!!?!" Came blaring out of one of their mouths. My lawn boy has told me that he stopped by to see when we wanted him to start this spring and we werent here, on his way from my front doir to his car he hears one of those people across the street yell. " awe dude so sorry your meth dealer isnt home punk" He just got in his car shaking his head not knowing wtf. My husband has never ever done drugs, he works 60 hours plus at a job he has had over 15 years. I have police statements stating that again and again. My husband has no police record ever. But he cant have company over because why would he want the harassment from the neighbors? We live in a sub division 14 houses on our street and just the two across the street act like this and throw my past in my and my families face.
Question what the heck can we do to stop it?
Thank you for taking the time to read all that and any answers will be appreciated.

Call the police every time. Otherwise just ignore them. Don't feed into them. That's what they want.

I agree. Don't reward them with a response.
Call police every time and report that the neighbors are disturbing the peace, and definitely report if threats of physical violence are made. Police won't likely do much, but the contact might help.
If the neighbors are renting you might also complain to their landlord... EVERY TIME.
If there are threats of violence you might look in to a restraining order.

Ignore it. Seriously. And don't let guests blare loud music or give them any other reasons to have a legitimate complaint. Unless there is a credible threat of violence and you and your guests have not engaged or spurred them on at all, don't bother the police. They have better things to do than play referee in a neighborhood dispute. If you must plant hedges or build a fence between your property and theirs.

Your past is public record. You are going to have to come to terms with the fact that others may find out and that may influence their opinion of you. Your neighbors are being childish but there are any number of other ways that your friends and family might find out about your past.

Back