Defamation (by calling employee name) on Tripadvisor Reviews

Michael B

Hello,

Former employee of a hotel, I had to manage a situation with a dissatisfied customer who later posted a comment about the hotel on Tripadvisor.com, quoting me (first and last names) as sole responsible for the hotel final decision and describing me as a crook for doing so.

The management of the hotel contacted tripadvisor who at the time refused to withdraw this comment. I then contacted tripadvisor in turn, asking them to remove my names and first names from the comment, showing them that a Google search on my name / name led this review, with my name + crook title in the list of pages to visit (I did not ask them to delete the review but just delete my name).

Tripadvisor again refused, and asked me to contact the hotel (which I left already) to ask them (hotel) to log a request by themselves (which I do not intend to do).

Does this situation seem normal and acceptable to you? If not, what argument, principle or text of law could I use to push them to withdraw my first and last names?

Thank you for your answers

Does this situation seem normal and acceptable to you?

It is neither normal or acceptable by MY standards, but in today's world, a majority of people deem comments of this nature BOTH acceptable and normal.

If not, what argument, principle or text of law could I use to push them to withdraw my first and last names?

You requested the site to take down your picture, and were refused.

Your former employer made a similar request which appears to have be ignored, too.

You have two choices, move on and forget it.

If you can't move on and this eats deep into your gizzard, your only recourse is to sue someone.

If that is the course you must trod, you'll need a lawyer to pull your wagon.

That means you'll have to fork over upwards of $20,0000 to get that old litigator hitched up to your war wagon and ready to do battle with the demons that reign over that website.

The choice is yours alone to make.

I wish the all the best.

Back