Defamation 2: Negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan Crush

Jurisdiction
Ohio
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510299902996381697/555494083515252777/image0.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/471125318703251462/555495479501389834/asisSFW.png

I now have new info. People do believe them. Idk how many people and idk if any of them used to be friends of mine. Nor do I know if any of them used to like me
Refresher is that this Lexi person claims I'm a psychopath to dozen of people without knowing the symptoms of psychopathy and while mixing psychopathy and psychosis up without correcting themselves. Their evidence is vague non-contextual statements of things I've done to them. I believe they believe their claims. Given that some people believe these obviously false claims am I now able to say Lexi committed defamation via negligence?

Last edited:
I now have new info.

New info about what?

People do believe them.

Who are "them"? What "people" believe "them"?

Refresher is that this Lexi person claims I'm a psychopath to dozen of people without knowing the symptoms of psychopathy and while mixing psychopathy and psychosis up without correcting themselves.

A layperson calling someone a "psychopath" is merely expressing an opinion, which cannot be the basis of a defamation claim. Is "this Lexi person" a psychiatrist or psychologist such that her opinion could be interpreted as an actual diagnosis?

am I now able to say Lexi committed defamation via negligence?

I assume you're "able to say" just about anything. However, and without having any more factual info than is in your post, it sounds like such a statement would be legally incorrect. I say "legally incorrect" because "defamation" and "defamed" are often used colloquially to include things do not meet the legal definition of defamation.

Your prior thread:

Defamation Due To Negligence

Given that some people believe these obviously false claims am I now able to say Lexi committed defamation via negligence?

You can say it but it's not something a judge or jury is likely to award you any money over.

If you don't like what is said about you on that site, just stop going there and they will find somebody else to pick on.

Get over it.

Lexi is not a psychiatrist or psychologist they are a software engineer. I have new info as in I know people now believe Lexi sometimes. Them is Lexi, Idk Lexi's gender. Lexi does not treat it as an opinion but rather a fact. Lexi is trying to make a statement of fact when they call me a psychopath. They've used this claim dozens of times and have tried to destroy my reputation with it.

I know I would never sue Lexi. My only concern is making sure that I don't say they did something they didn't do. I want to make sure I'm basing my claims in reality and based on facts. I have many friends on Discord.

Having now re-read the prior thread, I'm at a loss to understand why this thread exists since no new information is provided.
the new info is supposed to be that people do believe Lexi (as shown in the screenshots), while I previously thought no one believed them

So? What harm is being done to you, other that to your ego?

Ma, people are saying bad things about me. Waaaa.

Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back