DEED issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisjt42

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - North Carolina

On November 29, 2007 I closed on a foreclosed home. The price that I was told was 71,000 with a 7,000 first time home buyer tax credit. In January of 2010, my wife and I were looking to put our house up for sale. When we went to get pre approved for a loan, the loan officer looked up the tax value of our home and realized that the home was owned by CIT Group Financial which was who originally owned it when we bought the foreclosed home. We also were showed that our taxes for 2009 had not been paid. We pay our taxes and homeowners insuarance through our escrow. Also our homeowners insurance had not been paid and was cancelled. We were so confused considering we pay it in our escrow and the past 2 years it had been paid. After researching on this issue, we found that our attorney that closed on the property had moved to another state and never filled the deed in our name. We also found that we have a second mortgage which was the "7,000" tax credit we were told. It was NOT a tax credit, it was a financial assistance towards a down payment. When I closed on my house, my mother me that day because I was not married and it was my first time purchasing a home. I, nor my mother were NEVER awawent with re of this being a "financial assistance for a down payment." I would have not bought the home. I have no records or signatures showing that I agreed to this down payment assistance. I hired an attorney in January of this year (2010) to assist my wife and I with this issue. She contacted our title insurance company and they could not find the originial deed. So with that said, they wrote a brand new deed up and was proccessed in the court house on February 04, 2010. Is our title insurance company in fault? Do they owe me for my 1st mortgage? After that was done, we have not gotten any further on this situation and feel that it is neccessary to straighten the rest of this issue out. Please help if you have any suggestions on what to do.

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - North Carolina

On November 29, 2007 I closed on a foreclosed home. The price that I was told was 71,000 with a 7,000 first time home buyer tax credit. In January of 2010, my wife and I were looking to put our house up for sale. When we went to get pre approved for a loan, the loan officer looked up the tax value of our home and realized that the home was owned by CIT Group Financial which was who originally owned it when we bought the foreclosed home. We also were showed that our taxes for 2009 had not been paid. We pay our taxes and homeowners insuarance through our escrow. Also our homeowners insurance had not been paid and was cancelled. We were so confused considering we pay it in our escrow and the past 2 years it had been paid. After researching on this issue, we found that our attorney that closed on the property had moved to another state and never filled the deed in our name. We also found that we have a second mortgage which was the "7,000" tax credit we were told. It was NOT a tax credit, it was a financial assistance towards a down payment. When I closed on my house, my mother me that day because I was not married and it was my first time purchasing a home. I, nor my mother were NEVER awawent with re of this being a "financial assistance for a down payment." I would have not bought the home. I have no records or signatures showing that I agreed to this down payment assistance. I hired an attorney in January of this year (2010) to assist my wife and I with this issue. She contacted our title insurance company and they could not find the originial deed. So with that said, they wrote a brand new deed up and was proccessed in the court house on February 04, 2010. Is our title insurance company in fault? Do they owe me for my 1st mortgage? After that was done, we have not gotten any further on this situation and feel that it is neccessary to straighten the rest of this issue out. Please help if you have any suggestions on what to do.

Too many cooks will spoil the broth.

You have retained counsel.

You seek the advice and guidance of your CURRENTLY retained counsel.

I will say this about your unfortunate dilemma.

You appear to have a claim against your previous attorney.

You should talk to the state bar about his behavior or failure on your regard.

If anyone has caused you detriment, he looks to be a likely "suspect".

I am not accusing him, mind you, but his actions should be investigated and scrutinized!

You are owed some answers and possibly some money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back