Deductions From Security Deposit Improper

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinboyz93901

We gave a 30 day notice on May 17,2008 and scheduled for the walk thru for June 16,2008 @8:30am. She didn't show up so I contacted her. A neighbor told her we weren't completely out. So we re-scheduled for 6pm. 3 houses down from where we are leaving at now, I saw they arrived before 5:30. At 6 we proceeded. All thru the walk thru she commented on how the house is cleaner now then when we moved in. On the move out ck list she wrote little comments but told me they were for her records. Not a problem. When we moved in the bath tub had black around the shower doors. Upon leaving she made a comment about it not looking clean.I told her the product we used and she stated "its okay I have some simple clean that will clean that right up. Upon finally receiving paperwork from her 24 days lat er She charged me for light bulbs, cleaning the bathroom,120.00to vacuum one of the bedrooms that upon move in had paint all over the carpet and in move out we tried to clean and it wouldnt.garbage can, we never had service. We always went to the dump.we cleaned all the windows and seals the day before and she charged 40.00 to re-clean.Her fathers 1955 merc was in the back yard and we trimmed the branches back so they wouldnt fall on his car, we got charged for broken branches 30.00.Upon handing me a check in which should have been the 1000.00 the paper work shows only 144. She said she felt bad and wrote the check for 175.00. Is this not crazy or what. Are these charges legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back