Deductible

ccinmiami

Jurisdiction
Texas
Brought my car to body shop after accident, body work and repairs were poorly done and had to be brought back over 9 times to correct mistakes...I only paid the body shop 500 of my 1000 dollar deductible ( My insurance company paid $9000 for repairs to body shop) because i was not happy with quality of work after 3 months of complaining my insurance company had my car brought to another body shop to have the previous work inspected. The conclusion was the body shop overlooked obvious frame damage and and only fixed what was visible to the eye, under further investigation my insurance company decided that since it would cost to much to now fix what was never brought to there attention they are no concluding my car is a total loss and if the original inspection was done correctly from day 1 the car would have been totaled then...The insurance company is trying to get some of there money back from the body shop but they said the shop legally doesnt have to reimburse them since they did the work that they reported, but since i am out a car and had to buy another I want to know if I am legally entitled to my partial payment of my deductible that I paid them??? Or can I sue for any additional costs?

I want to know if I am legally entitled to my partial payment of my deductible that I paid them??? Or can I sue for any additional costs?

Read your policy.
Study and understand your policy.
Unless someone looked at your policy, any answer given would be a guess.

These are questions you ask your insurance company.

If you disagree with the answers given, you can discuss your concerns with a couple attorneys in your county.

Generally speaking, you can't sue your insurance company.

If you disagree with their decisions, you must take it to mediation.

Again, read, study, understand your policy.

It is also your contract to which you agreed when you chose XYZ Insurance.

If you are only out $500 it is likely best to let it go. Even if you have a reasonable argument to make it will cost even more trying to make the legal argument and collect.
Part of your problem is that at some point you authorized the repairs. You could have taken the vehicle to other shops for estimates to compare before authorizing, but apparently did not. The shop is entitled to be paid for their crappy work.

Back