Deceptive advertising

K

Krystal12

Jurisdiction
Texas
I have been visiting and calling several phone companys to see their deals and offers. I called the 1-800 number at Sprint and the operator told me that I could add a line for $29.99 and get a free IPhone on a 2 year contract. I was given the option to buy through the phone or at a store. I decided to go to the store but when I got there, the sales associate said this was not a real offer. I called the 1-800 number again and a different operator tolld me that it was not a real offer but gave me a new offer. When I was redirected to the activation line, they told me that this new offer wasn't real either. I ended up going to Boost mobile becasue on their website, they have an offer where if you buy the Iphone 5s, you get it for $149 instead of the original $250. When I got to the store, the sales associate said that the location was not taking that offer because it had already expired. I called the 1-800 number and they said the offer was valid. When I told them I was at the Boost mobile store and they wouldn't respect the price, the operator said it depended on the location. I told him that I thought this was serious company but then he hung up on me. Can this false advertisement be considered fraud? Can I take legal action? -Thank you

Can this false advertisement be considered fraud?

You can consider it fraud but, in reality, they all pull that crap and they know just how to go up to the line of legality and not cross it.

It's the same crap with the TV and internet come-ons that you get in the mail or in the newspaper.

Can I take legal action?

You mean sue somebody? Sure. You'll just be wasting your time and your money because you won't win.

I suggest you stop looking for phone service online or on phone and to right to a store where you can get the details on paper and can read the contract before signing up for any thing.

Back