debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinwinky

i wasn't sure where to put this question. my divorce became finalized on dec 5th of 2006 and in our papers my ex husband took all the debt onto himeself in return for lower child support payments and keeping it out of this system. at the time we were on good terms and all was well, but now he was late both months. i called him to ask when i could expect a check and he started saying i was harrassing him. (it was due the 15th and it is now the 29th) i said if he wanted to play like that i would just go and file papers to take him through the system then and have him pay more. well in return he said to expect an affidavid for half of the debt. can he do that when in the divorce papers he signed off saying he would take full responsibility for the debt? even the judge told me that if he should fail to pay or whatever that i could take him through the system at any time. i just don't know if he can honestly take me for half the debt? also, he moved out to california when we seperated and has seen our daughter once and that was when he came back for court. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back