Debt too low to file bankruptcy but too high to pay right now. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm47

I am here as an international student. This Summer I have fall behind my credit card payments and my student loans, my bank account is on negative numbers. I would need about $2500 to be all set but the government doesn't allow me to work. I have to go back to my country, look for a job and start paying all this debt but in the meantime it will keep growing. I cannot file bankruptcy because the amount is too low. What can I do? What can I tell the banks, student loan, and credit card companies so that they freeze my debt?

Thank you.

They are unlikely to freeze the debt. You can expect the balances to continue to accrue interest and late charges, and when they finally charge off the balances you can expect collection agencies to go to court and seek a judgment to garnish wages or seize assets.

They are unlikely to freeze the debt. You can expect the balances to continue to accrue interest and late charges, and when they finally charge off the balances you can expect collection agencies to go to court and seek a judgment to garnish wages or seize assets.

You're a pessimist. If there's nothing I can do I will file a complaint over and over and over until they give me my money back. I am tired of giving money to the banks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back