Business Debt, Collections Debt Collector Sent to a Law Firm - Upper Hand or Beginning of a Lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatisthelaw

I had a credit card a year or two ago I defaulted on for a little less than $2,000. The CC company (a well known bank) wrote it off to another well-known debt collector. Originally I got the CC in Iowa from my bank then moved out to California. While out in California, I incurred the debt and defaulted while out here. The debt collector sent the case to a law firm in Iowa which send communications to my parents. I no longer live in Iowa and haven't for several years... My question is, if they file a lawsuit and I don't live there, will I be able to be properly served? Should I tell the residence of my old place (where the CC's billing address was) to send a certified letter to the law firm stating that I no longer live in the residence and to the best of their knowledge no longer live in the state of Iowa? Overall, I would like to resolve this case by getting them to do a pay-for-delete.

You'd be smart to file bankruptcy or ignore these buzzards.

Don't make deals with the devil.

You'll always get screwed.

You're under no obligation (legally) to pay that debt.

Why?

The statute of limitations protects people.

In your case, Iowa has a five year limit on open ended credit card contracts.

These scavengers rarely sue.

If you sign anything with these bums, it starts the SOL tolling again.

Don't do it, resist the temptation to fix ths.

It won't make any difference.
Your credit will still be dinged.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLimitations.shtml

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. What if they do sue? I would like to get it off my credit report, so is a pay-for-delete not worth it?

Thanks for the advice. What if they do sue? I would like to get it off my credit report, so is a pay-for-delete not worth it?

That's just it, it won't be deleted.

Those are words they use to pick your pocketbook clean!!!

It'll show you paid a delinquent debt, or a debt that went to collections.

The system is meant to screw you.

You can't win.

All you ever do is lose money.

The key is to avoid all debt.

Use a card like Amex, or a credit card you pay off monthly.

Stay debt free.

Debt is trap for greedy fools!!!

I don't know the legal system that way, I thought a contract is legally binding with a law firm. Where they could be brought up to the discipline committee or sued for blatant breach of contract? Or I'm wrong?

I don't know the legal system that way, I thought a contract is legally binding with a law firm. Where they could be brought up to the discipline committee or sued for blatant breach of contract? Or I'm wrong?

It takes a few dollars, and any person can sue any other person.

What you fail to grasp is, you are NOT dealing with a law firm.

You're dealing with scavenger, debt collectors, real scum!!!

Heck, that debt you may have owed, you didn't ever owe these crooks!!!!

These are lying, conning, conniving, scheming, crooks!!!

Do business with these bums at your peril.

Prove it to yourself, Google their name and address.

Your eyes will be opened, and you may not be so eager to trust these crooks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back