Debt collection

Thebigguy

Jurisdiction
New York
I have a judgement from housing civil court in NYC cause I just moved & never went back to court from 2014. The landlord owes me money also. I have a business corporation under my name . I have no bank accounts for the business . They are trying to garnish wages from me personally . I cash checks for the business at a cash checker can they still get money

can they still get money

Maybe, depends on how aggressively the judgment holder behaves.
You appear have done all you can to protect your remaining assets from levy or attachment.

Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 BK, will eradicate the debt via the judgment.
If you can achieve a BK, you've become 100% judgment proof.

I have seen cash taken off the person of certain debtors pursuant to 24/7 surveillance by collection operatives hired by the judgment holder.
Yeah, so there's always that aggressive creditor.

I also told them i am willing to let this matter go , I told them I still have evidence against they're client from when we were in housing court I may pursue legal action & get it on his record if they pursue this matter further. Haven't heard since from them . Maybe they'll drop it & move on .

I sent them a verification & cease letter. They're supposed to stop collection for 60 days.

I don't think so. They already have a judgment against you that allows any legal method of enforcement. They don't have to stop trying to collect.

I told them I still have evidence against they're client from when we were in housing court I may pursue legal action & get it on his record if they pursue this matter further

Again, the court already ruled against you once. I doubt if that threat scares anybody.

Besides, if you have a legitimate case against the LL, file it, quit talking about it.

Back