Dealorship hasn't paid me

Jess

Jurisdiction
Hawaii
In January, I moved from Hawaii to Arizona. Before I left, I sold my car to a Harley Davidson dealership. Because the car was not completely paid off, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of the money when they received the title from the finance company. They did pay off the car, and I'm sure they sold it, since this was almost 7 months ago. However, they have not sent me a check. I've called them numerous times, and they claim they sent a check but they can see that no one has cashed it so they will call corporate and get them to issue me a new check. However, as time goes by I am getting very concerned that they have still not done so, and may never pay me..I need that money, and I have no way of going there in person. Any advice? Thanks!

Send a confidential/certified letter to the dealer/general manager. You want to make sure the top dog knows what's going on. Send copies of any documentation you have. Demand your money in 10 days or you will take further action. That further action will really depend on what documentation you have so don't threaten anything in particular but something like "I will have no choice but to pursue any and all legal remedies available to me." If all you have are verbal promises, then about all you can do is file a complaint with the BBB.

Back