dealership wants to resign lease agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennaw

my husband and i signs a lease about a month ago on a new car. the dealership has recently called and said they made a mistake in the msrp amount and will need us to come in and resign lease papers that will make our payments go up about 70 dollars a month. they said we also didn't pay enough down but would absorb that money. they also mentioned as compensation they could give us free oil changes for life which doesn't sound that appealing.
is it legal for them to nullify our previous contract and have us sign another one?
what are our options?

I can't believe how common this question is.

Makes me wonder if there are any competent car dealers!

In any event, tell them to bite rocks if you want to.

They are the big guns and had total control over the contract. If they can't figure out how to write it, then it's their tough luck!

If I wee you, I would refuse to do this.

You signed a contract, thats it. If they make any changes to it you want to end the contract and turn the car in with no penalty and you want all of your money back.

thanks.
we ended telling them we didn't want the car and wanted our money back. they said that was fine. they came back in the office 5 minutes later saying they would only increase our payment 17 dollars a month and shorten the lease time by a month.
we agreed. we liked the car, didn't want to hassle with finding another. it felt like a complete scam and i plan on notifying the better business bureau, what ever good that will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back