Consumer Fraud dealership con,

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubota

Hello, My wife and I went to our local Jeep dealer to look at a new 4dr Wrangler, after looking around with the
salesman we test drove the model that we wanted even though it was not the color and trim my wife wanted. Salesman
told us no problem, they would get on the locater and find us what we want. We sat with the salesman and another
person from the dealership ship and they asked what options we wanted, Again we told them 4dr, leather, air cond, and
what color. About an hour and a half later they came back and told us they found one with those options and the color
we wanted. We agreed on the price and waited another hour to sit down with the dealerships closer. We signed all paper
work, extended warranty, registration, loan papers. We were given copy's of all and after spending 5 hrs there we left
and went home. About 2hrs after we were home we get a call from the salesman that they made a mistake, The jeep
the sold us was a 2dr not 4dr, and it will cost us about 5,000 more. Do we have any options besides cancelling. I
feel like after 5hrs and never looking at a 2dr and test driving the 4dr they should make this right.
What should we do.

They "probably" have a certain period of time to correct any errors (such as the amount of the vehicle) but hold for other replies. What does your "contract" say that you signed?

Hello, My wife and I went to our local Jeep dealer to look at a new 4dr Wrangler, after looking around with the
salesman we test drove the model that we wanted even though it was not the color and trim my wife wanted. Salesman
told us no problem, they would get on the locater and find us what we want. We sat with the salesman and another
person from the dealership ship and they asked what options we wanted, Again we told them 4dr, leather, air cond, and
what color. About an hour and a half later they came back and told us they found one with those options and the color
we wanted. We agreed on the price and waited another hour to sit down with the dealerships closer. We signed all paper
work, extended warranty, registration, loan papers. We were given copy's of all and after spending 5 hrs there we left
and went home. About 2hrs after we were home we get a call from the salesman that they made a mistake, The jeep
the sold us was a 2dr not 4dr, and it will cost us about 5,000 more. Do we have any options besides cancelling. I
feel like after 5hrs and never looking at a 2dr and test driving the 4dr they should make this right.
What should we do.

You could speak with a lawyer, retain his or her services, if he or she indicates they could help.
They might be persuaded by the lawyer's rhetoric, but that'll likely cost you $2,000 to $3,000 to potentially save $5,000. That's a bad bet in my book.

Otherwise, pursuing this on your own will get you nowhere.

If it were my problem, I'd find another dealer or car.

Once things go awry, they rarely get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back