Dealer Wants to Renegotiate Auto Lease (Twice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smulkay

I apologize in advance for the length...

I leased a new General Motors vehicle in CA, and after after the first payment was due I contacted the financing company, GMAC, I was told there was a problem with the lease. Ultimately the dealer contacted me and asked me to come in and sign a new lease (w/ different terms); their reason was this was the first lease they were ever going to use GMAC on and ultimately they could not come to terms w/ GMAC and subsequently could not write the lease for those terms. I refused and ultimately they agreed to refund my deposit and accept the vehicle back. (How a GM dealership that has been in business for 15 years has never used GMAC financing is beyond me.)

That day I went to a different dealership and negotiated a lease on the same model vehicle for virtually identical terms, again they were using GMAC. The next day I was contacted and told the dealer had made an error in the residual value of the vehicle and would not honor the lease.

My questions are: I did not negotiate w/ GMAC, I agreed to a deal w/ the dealer therefore what obligation do I have to their terms w/ GMAC? Just as there is no buyers remorse is there not sellers remorse? They could reduce the purchase price and make the terms the same, obviously this gets into their bottom line, but after this happening twice I frankly dont care and want to refuse to return the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back