Dealer hasn't paid off my trade in

Jdpyle1

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I traded in a vehicle at the beginning of March and the dealer has still not paid it off. It's going on 60 days past due now and has affected my credit pretty bad. Enough so that now it has prevented us from buying a house when before this I was able to. What legal actions can I take?

I traded in a vehicle at the beginning of March and the dealer has still not paid it off. It's going on 60 days past due now and has affected my credit pretty bad. Enough so that now it has prevented us from buying a house when before this I was able to. What legal actions can I take?

Any actions you can take would probably be ineffective.

You need to see a licensed lawyer in your county ASAP.

That's where your remedies will be revealed, and your actions initiated.

I'm curious what have they been telling you? You can also report them to the dealer licensing agency in your state.

They said that a third party company is responsible for their payoffs so they have no control over it but the third party company said that they just told them about it yesterday.

Do you know if there was any delay in obtaining financing for your new purchase. This is the only valid reason I can think of for them to delay the payoff. Laying it off on a third-party is baloney. Now at least you have confirmation that it is in the hands of the third party it should be taken care of soon. They will have to pay any additional interes that has accrued, and you can talk to your bank about correcting any adverse affect on your credit. Provide your bank with a copy of your bill of sale showing the date that you traded the vehicle.

Back