Dealer Backing out of Car Sale on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

alee

I received a "Second Chance Offer" on a car I previously bidded on. Car was previously sold but that buyer backed out for lack of funding. My "Second Chance Offer had a "Buy It Now" on it with a fixed price. I placed my bid and was awarded the purchase. I proceded to contact the dealer salesman and when he found out this car was sold for the wrong price and that the car should have been listed at a much higher price, he promptly backed out of the sale, blaming Ebay for making a listing error. He refuses to sell me the car at the "Buy it Now" listed price. Ebay is an electronic service and no human error on ebay's part was involved.

So the question is: Can I enforce the sale of the automobile from the seller? I want that car at the my purchase price. I am in California and "Seller" Car Dealership is in Portland Oregon.:(

Have you reported the seller to eBay? You are correct ... eBay doesn't set the price ... that's the seller's sole responsibility, and if the price (fixed or a reserve) was wrong, the seller shoud have corrected that prior to offering you a "second chance". If it were me, I'd immediately file a complaint with eBay, and send a letter (via Certified Mail) to the seller (you can obtain the seller's info. in the search area as long as you had a valid transaction), restating the terms of the sale, print a copy of the second chance offer and email confirmation of the sale (if you still have either), and attach those as well, and notify the seller that it has to honor the terms of the sale. (If it's a dealership, it could stand to lose it's license in situations such as this, so your letter might compel it to comply with the terms of sale in order to avoid license revocation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back