Dead tag, no registration

Dkbum2320

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
We purchased our first vehicle in May 2021 with financing from Santander. On June 29, we were stopped by law enforcement for speeding. While having no registration paperwork to show the officer because we haven't received anything yet, we also find out that the license plate on the car was still registered to the vehicle we traded in. The tag was never transferred properly by the dealership. Knowing that now, we shouldn't have been driving the car and now its parked. After many unreturned phone calls and empty promises from the dealership, I contacted the DMV investigation offfice. August 2021 he concluded the dealership was at fault. I don't know if the dealership is fixing their mistakes because the manager has no clue. My question is this, If the vehicle I purchased in May had and still has a dead tag, No registration, and title problems(still in previous owners name) is there a way to get the car payments that I have made reimbursed? Is there any other options to stop making payments for a car that remains parked. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

If the vehicle I purchased in May had and still has a dead tag, No registration, and title problems(still in previous owners name) is there a way to get the car payments that I have made reimbursed? Is there any other options to stop making payments for a car that remains parked.

No. You borrowed money from Santander. That's a separate contract. They're not giving you any money back. Stop paying and they'll repossess the car and trash your credit.

Your beef is with the fly-by-night dealer that you bought the car from.

Back