DCF

M

Moonbreeze

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
My daughter is 17 and just had a baby, she loves with me. DCF has been involved with me because she dropped out of school, however they have been closing my case for over 6 months, I stopped being so cooperative with them because they have no case against me but because it took them so long to close the case ,they learned my daughter just had a baby and I did allow them to come see him, but would not give them the baby's dr name, or much more info. She said I would get a letter saying my case was closed. Now my daughter got a call from a different worker saying that he needed to see her and baby's father because they got a report that the baby hasn't seen the dr and missed his 2 month check-up. He did miss it but has appt to go, he is 2months old, his appt was the 28th. the baby had visiting nurses due to transportation issues with mass health, which is now fixed. I don't think the pediatrician called on her. Do I have to let them into my home? I feel like they are fishing for something because they have no reason to have a case on me or my daughter. I feel like I am almost being harnessed.

Do I have to let them into my home?

No, but your denial of entry will force their hand and they will get a warrant.
Generally if they go to the effort of getting a warrant, they also will take possession fo the child(ren).

I feel like they are fishing for something because they have no reason to have a case on me or my daughter. I feel like I am almost being harnessed.

Oh yes, they do go fishing.
They also catch plenty of fish, one way or another.

If the child is taken, you do have the right to take th ematter before a judge.
You also have the right to request a state funded lawyer to represent you, as does yoru daughter, and the baby.

Read this:
http://www.masslegalhelp.org/children-and-families/abuse-neglect-claims-your-rights-and-dss
Dept. Of Children & Families Dirty Tricks

You allowed your kid to drop out and then end up pregnant so I am not surprised DCF is still hanging around. Your lack of cooperation is now causing them to investigate your daughter. I suggest all of you cooperate fully if you want to see an end to this.

Back