Dcf harassment and fishing

chellychel

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
So I have a question. Last year in May my 1 month old passed away in his crib. The m.e. termed it undetermined. 2 months later my daughter got in some trouble but changed her ways and did some in home treatment. I have 2 kids with chronic medical issues and 2 who have some mental health issues. Kids are 14 to age 7. I worked for 5 years in group homes, 9 years driving a school bus and 3 years in the hospital. When my son passed I needed some time off. Everything is going perfectly fine. The kids and myself have always been in counseling, all make it to every medical apt and school. I took numerous drug tests all negative. Went to court and the protective supervision expired in May. The judge asked for it to conclude in April and DCF refused. My case was supposed to be closed early May and it still is not. Worker states she doesn't want any new cases. There aren't any issues with my kids or me caring for my kids. I filed a complaint in writing to the commissioner ombudsman of dcf. Worker called today and stated she needs to see me. I am refusing to cooperate anymore. Everything they asked including psychological testing (which I brought all 4 kids with me since dcf couldn't have time to watch them) which was all in my favor and none in dcf's. They stated that a provider told them that I am pregnant which is neither here nor there. One all my releases with my doctors were revoked by myself and that is not any information on my psychological or my kids well being. I told the dcf worker I am not pregnant and my case was supposed to be closed a month ago and I am contacting an attorney. She stated that since there was a fatality with one of my children she needs to know. I was not found of neglect or abuse. Why won't they let my son rest in peace and stop harassing my family. There were also 2 false claims that the father put in on the abuse line. I am pursing him criminally for that even though they were not accepted by dcf. Any ideas on which avenue I should go?

Any ideas on which avenue I should go?

My deepest condolences upon the passing of your baby.
I'm sure the baby is resting peacefully, so don't allow these living creatures to continue to annoy you.

That said, you can VOLUNTARILY work with DCF, but you are also FREE to refuse to VOLUNTARILY work with DCF.
///
///
If that is the route you now wish to go, read this.
You have RIGHTS, many RIGHTS.
You need to acquaint yourself with those rights.:
If you disagree with a finding of substantiated abuse
or neglect, you may:
• Request in writing a review of the finding addressed to
the Area Office Director of the office handling your
case. If you disagree with the results of the review,
you can request an administrative hearing.
• You can also send a written statement with the facts
you feel are important and ask that your statement be
added to your file.

Other Sources of Help...
INFOLINE - a free, telephone information and referral service
that can put parents in touch with all kinds of helpful programs
and services in the community. INFOLINE can often help in a
crisis, whether it is domestic violence, a runaway teenager, a
mental health emergency or another problem.
Call INFOLINE at 211.

PARENTS ANONYMOUS - a self-help group for parents
who feel they may take their anger out on their children. Parents
Anonymous groups meet regularly in many Connecticut
communities to give parents support and help in handling
problems. Meetings are confidential and members may remain
anonymous. To locate a Parents Anonymous group near you, call
INFOLINE at 211.
http://www.vaclib.org/legal/Free_Handbook CPS.pdf
Know When to Say "No" to DCF in Connecticut (CT)
---
DCF Routinely Takes Custody Of Kids With "Specialized Needs," Data Show

http://www.ct.gov/dcf/lib/dcf/legal_division/pdf/prtk_english.pdf

Back