Consumer Law, Warranties daycare provider broke contract what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

macslilmomma

I had been using a daycare provider on the weekends. I did sign a contract but paid no deposit and got no copy of the contract. So here's the problem. she had closed over labor day weekend so I said I would call and let her know what I was working the next weekend. So I had called and left her a message the week before and another message the day before. We arrived there at 645 am, she opens the door lets us in and says I don't have you scheduled for today and I say well I left you two messages and then she says I didn't get any messages. So I say I knew this was going to happen and pick the children up and proceed out the door and she closes the door behind me. She calls three weeks later and says that I had stormed out the door and that she never said that she wouldn't watch the children. The lady said nothing to me as I walked out the door. Now she wants two weekends worth of pay because she says we have a legal and binding contract. I also lost a day of work because of this. what should i do should i just pay the lady.
Thanks

Pay the lady? Is there a reason you should think you should? If she intended to work and get paid, why didn't she call you? For two full weeks? You may have a contract but she didn't provide her end of the deal in order for you to pay the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back