Personal Bankruptcy Daughterinlaw wants son to file bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

housemousekat

My Son is 25 and in the National Guard in Afganistan right now. When he was 18 got a few credit cards and ruined his credit. His debt is about $3,000.00. His new wife wants to file bankruptcy for herself on things that she has which I am not really sure about but wants my son to file with her. I do not believe he should do this. I think he should pay off his small debt and go from there. Please let me know what you think..

Let Her File By Herself

I would suggest that it might be best for your son that he does not file for bankruptcy. If his wife wishes to file, she can file on her own. If he files, then his credit is destroyed for seven years. However, I am NOT a lawyer.

My Son is 25 and in the National Guard in Afganistan right now. When he was 18 got a few credit cards and ruined his credit. His debt is about $3,000.00. His new wife wants to file bankruptcy for herself on things that she has which I am not really sure about but wants my son to file with her. I do not believe he should do this. I think he should pay off his small debt and go from there. Please let me know what you think..

3,000 is not enough debt to even consider a BK. If they file their credit will be totally trashed. I am not sure how much debt his wife is in but if they can avoid a BK they should.

Consumer Credit Counselling Services is the most reputable debt reducer and they might be able to help.

So depending on just how much debt wife is in and if she has judgements against her, I would discuss this with a BK attorney for the best advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back