daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmkm

I have a daughter that was on drugs and doing some other stuff her mother in law took the kids from the father and my daughter the mother in law got the cps involved but they did not have a court order when they gave the kids to the mother in law. we have went to court a few times but it kept getting put off for some thing or another. The cps gave my daughter an hour of vistaition after 2 vists the mother in law put an order on my daughter to stay away from the kids. The mother in law hired a PI and got some evidence against my daughter. My question is what is the chance of my daughter getting the kids back. The mother in law has kept the kids away from all of us except my other daughter but will not let her bring them to see me. it hurt the grandkids and me. I have try and call the case worker and left several message but never no reponse.:eek:

These cases are fact intensive. You may wish to become more involved and may seek custody as well. Regarding your daughter, it all depends upon the facts and nobody can talk about chances, especially when there is evidence of drug involvement. If you want to increase her chances of getting the kids back then you need to make sure that she cleans up her act immediately and perhaps be someone in her life to ensure that she keeps clean.

You may wish to write a letter, certified return receipt, to the social worker to ensure that she is on notice regarding your concerns. Be direct and to the point. I wouldn't talk get caught up in a great deal of the emotional tug of war and make good valid points-- good reasons why your daughter should have the children returned. Why should the children be returned? Perhaps it may also include your personal involvement. You may also want to bring up your desire for joint custody if that is feasible. Others may have better tactics but I think that this would logically be a good way to put the social worker on notice.

Originally posted by bmkm
I have a daughter that was on drugs and doing some other stuff her mother in law took the kids from the father and my daughter the mother in law got the cps involved but they did not have a court order when they gave the kids to the mother in law. we have went to court a few times but it kept getting put off for some thing or another. The cps gave my daughter an hour of vistaition after 2 vists the mother in law put an order on my daughter to stay away from the kids. The mother in law hired a PI and got some evidence against my daughter. My question is what is the chance of my daughter getting the kids back. The mother in law has kept the kids away from all of us except my other daughter but will not let her bring them to see me. it hurt the grandkids and me. I have try and call the case worker and left several message but never no reponse.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back