daughter taken off property

dcn10511

Jurisdiction
Michigan
long story short, my 15 year old daughter is pregnant by her 14 year old . She had an appointment with the abortion clinic on the 29th of june and on the 28th of june his mother decided that she was going to take my daughter off my property without me knowing and without my permission. Her reasoning was she thought that I was going to hurt her. Mind you i have not even spanked my daughter since she was 4 years old. she was not in any danger. How is it that this lady can get away with this. is there anything I can do. I feel that she has done it once already whose to say she's not going to do it again. I wake up numerous of time at night to check on my daughter to make sure she is where she's supposed to be.

So this woman kidnapped your daughter or just picked her up as she had some reason to believe (your daughter telling her perhaps) she was in danger? Your kid is back now so I am not sure what you want done. It seems your issue is more that you fear your daughter will run away, than this woman will take her against her will. That requires a counselor, not a lawyer.

Have you spoken to this woman? Have all the parents discussed the situation these young teens are now in and how this should be resolved? Start there. Apologize for acting on emotion and assure her that your daughter is not in any danger. FYI, that would be an even better talk to have with her kid as I'm sure this other parent didn't wake up one day and conclude daughter dearest was in danger and must be removed from the home.

long story short, my 15 year old daughter is pregnant by her 14 year old . She had an appointment with the abortion clinic on the 29th of june and on the 28th of june his mother decided that she was going to take my daughter off my property without me knowing and without my permission. Her reasoning was she thought that I was going to hurt her. Mind you i have not even spanked my daughter since she was 4 years old. she was not in any danger. How is it that this lady can get away with this. is there anything I can do. I feel that she has done it once already whose to say she's not going to do it again. I wake up numerous of time at night to check on my daughter to make sure she is where she's supposed to be.

Have you talked to the boy's mother? Sounds like she didn't want your daughter getting an abortion...

Have a talk with your daughter, see if she said anything about you hurting her and have a talk with the mom and tell that kid's mom she needs to stay away from your daughter.

I have tried to talk to her to explain our situation (housing an financial) but all she is worried about is having a grandbaby. my daughter is now 11+ weeks. Things have calmed down a lot. My daughter talked to her boyfriend's mom and she said that she would help with expenses. So hopefully she does what she says. I told my daughter that it would be best to consider adoption since she didn't want the abortion but that was short lived. my daughter wants to keep it. I have talked with attorney after attorney and they all say the same thing "there is nothing you can do but support her in her decision. " my daughter can't even get child support for this child until he turns 18 or graduates. I tried to think positive. I am very scared for my daughter future, for our future as a family. it takes money to raise a child and that is something we really don't have extra. I've contacted DHS and she is not eligible for state aid until she is legally considered as an adult and we make to much to qualify for anything but medical. It sucks really. Right now there is 5 of us in a tiny 2 bedroom house. we do have the house up for sale but no takers yet and it's not looking too promising. If the house doesn't sell come spring we will be trying to get a loan to add 2 bedrooms.
I'm still not happy about this at all but it could be worse. I do my best to keep them separated. They talk on the phone and I or my parents take them to counseling. that is pretty much all the contact that they have.I know once the baby comes i will have to let them have visitation but i will make sure it is supervised. I try not to let it get to me but it really upsets me.

I have tried to talk to her to explain our situation (housing an financial) but all she is worried about is having a grandbaby. my daughter is now 11+ weeks. Things have calmed down a lot. My daughter talked to her boyfriend's mom and she said that she would help with expenses. So hopefully she does what she says. I told my daughter that it would be best to consider adoption since she didn't want the abortion but that was short lived. my daughter wants to keep it. I have talked with attorney after attorney and they all say the same thing "there is nothing you can do but support her in her decision. " my daughter can't even get child support for this child until he turns 18 or graduates. I tried to think positive. I am very scared for my daughter future, for our future as a family. it takes money to raise a child and that is something we really don't have extra. I've contacted DHS and she is not eligible for state aid until she is legally considered as an adult and we make to much to qualify for anything but medical. It sucks really. Right now there is 5 of us in a tiny 2 bedroom house. we do have the house up for sale but no takers yet and it's not looking too promising. If the house doesn't sell come spring we will be trying to get a loan to add 2 bedrooms.
I'm still not happy about this at all but it could be worse. I do my best to keep them separated. They talk on the phone and I or my parents take them to counseling. that is pretty much all the contact that they have.I know once the baby comes i will have to let them have visitation but i will make sure it is supervised. I try not to let it get to me but it really upsets me.

Okay first off the boyfriend has zero rights to that child until he establishes paternity in court. If they are unmarried when that baby is born your daughter has all the rights. He has ZERO. Which means he won't have to pay child support until his paternity gets established in court. You can supervise your daughter until she's a legal adult but you can't decide what she does with that baby - legally. The boy's mom won't have to pay any expenses either and anything she does pay is a gift.

Yes, I know that he has zero rights and yes I know I can't decide what she does with that baby but I also know that she is a minor and living in my house so there for she has to follow my rules. She knows that she is on thin ice so to speak. So far she has listened. And as for him well his disrespectful ass is not allowed over here. Hate to be that way but when he tells me that it's my fault she's pregnant and starts running his mouth to me, NOT happening. The only thing that I'm at fault for is believing their lies and having trust and faith that my daughter would be smart enough to make the right decision. It's not like we never talked about sex and babies and how important it was to wait, to get a high school education and to go on to college, to establish a good job before having children. This was a regular conversation. When we talked about it she seemed to have a good mindset and understanding. She always said that she wanted to wait and be financially stable before having children. Then this little boy came along. She has seen what I had to go thru to raise her and her siblings but I guess that's not enough. Right now she's in fairy tail land. To be honest, it makes me sick. But I guess she will learn the hard way and I will do my best to guide her thru that. To see that she finishes high school and hopefully goes on to college. So her and her baby can hopefully have a good life.

You have issues other than legal ones here which is clear by your last post. If you click the link in my signature line (ParentNook) you will go to another forum (hosted by this one) its a Parenting and relationship forum. There yuo will find other parents like you who may have had similar situations and you can discuss what they did and the results they got. Its not a legal forum like this one so you can discuss your non legal issues there with others like yourself

Back