Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders dating a minor in oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisell

what is the exact law of dating a minor in oregon? I am currently 17 and am dating someone that is 19 is this legal? we are NOT having sexual contact

what is the exact law of dating a minor in oregon? I am currently 17 and am dating someone that is 19 is this legal? we are NOT having sexual contact

When you say "dating", you DO mean studying together at the public library, visiting local art museums on a lazy Saturday afternoon, attending religious services together officiated by a religious celebrant, visiting senior citizens at the local senior citizens center, working with community minded citizens to clean up local parks, helping Habitat for Humanity Volunteers build homes for disadvantage families, volunteering together at local homeless shelters, washing cars to collect money for a charity, helping out at a local "no kill" animal shelter, tutoring children at local elementary schools, volunteering together at the Salvation Army HQ, helping clean up local cemeteries, serving as "Candy Stripers" at your local hospital, helping the Red Cross when the do blood collection drives, volunteering to help elect city council members or school board candidates; yeah, that would be just fine.

Nothing wrong with volunteering together as FRIENDS or PALS to enrich, serve, and better your community.

Your parents approve, so if they're happy with that, who am I to squelch it.

thank you but if we were to show any type of affection towards each other in public can he get into trouble legally speaking ? Or if someone was to report him stuff like that?

thank you but if we were to show any type of affection towards each other in public can he get into trouble legally speaking ? Or if someone was to report him stuff like that?

We can't know, nor can we predict what COULD happen or attempt to answer any "WHAT IF" query.

I suggest you simply restrain yourselves, because you said this wasn't about any sexual contact.

Perhaps, you should simply ask your question of your local child protection agency, local police department, or discuss any "WHAT IFS" with your parents.

No one here can give you permission to do anything, or restrict you from doing anything.

Also, please don't post the same question, or any variation of that question multiple times.

Last edited:
We can't now, nor can we predict what COULD happen or atempt to answer any "WHAT IF" query.

I suggest you simply restrain yourselves, because you said this wasn't about any sexual contact.

Perhaps, you should simply ask your question of your local child protection agency, local police department, or discuss any "WHAT IFS" with your parents.

No one here can give you permission to do anything, or restrict you from doing anything.

Also, please don't post the same question, or any variation of that question multiple times.

yes thank you for the advice that was all i needed to know this has been the only post i have made

In NO state are there laws regarding dating. The law does not give two hoots who you date as long as you have your parents' permission. The law ONLY cares about sexual contact. If you don't do anything in public that you couldn't do with your parents in the room, no one is going to get into any legal trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back