Darrell Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface4

My brother, Darrell, has been in prison for 40 plus years for killing a man. He was given life. I don't know the way the system works, but he goes up in front of these people every so often to ask to be released and they turn him down every time! He was 18 at the time this happened. He says it's going to be $15,000 for a lawyer to even look at his case. We are poor people! Can anyone help him come home? Please help us!

Parole Board hearings

Almost all hearings by the Parole Board are conducted via teleconference. Three-member panels of the Board hold hearings from the Headquarters complex in Baton Rouge.

Offenders are not transported to meet the board directly but testify from the closest state prison or, occasionally, from a parish facility. An offender's opponents may choose to participate by going to the location where Parole Board members sit or to the institution where the offender will testify. An offender's supporters are encouraged to go where the offender is.

During hearings at state prison sites, staff makes every effort to ensure that victims and their supporters remain apart from the offender and his or her supporters. Someone is available to answer victims' questions related to board hearings at that site. Names of those persons are available by contacting the Crime Victims Services Bureau.
http://www.doc.la.gov/pages/victim-services/parolepardon-board-hearings/

Just because he had parole hearings does not mean he is ready to be paroled.
He has been in there a long time and has become institutionalized. The odds of him being released and not committing any new crime are small.
If he does get paroled I would expect him to be much older, much closer to the end of his life sentence. He certainly does not have a right to be released, and an attorney is likely not much help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back