Damage To My Car

ComponY

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Alright, so here's basically what I'm wondering and trying to figure out:

I work at an Auto Body Shop. We do hail damage repair, body repair, and accident repair. I don't have full coverage on my car. Today, I parked in the parking lot within the gate at my work (on my works property). I've never been told not to park there, and never had anyone ask me not to either. Today we had a REALLY bad hail storm, which destroyed my car. If I could guess off the top of my head, I would say around $6,000 worth of hail damage. Other vehicles we are repairing got damaged too. My boss said the company has to make a claim for all the cars, and they have deductibles. No one mentioned anything about my car. I was on the clock while the hail storm happened, and couldn't save my car because I was pulling customer cars in to prevent them from being damaged. What should I do? I don't think my work will make a claim for my car.

What should I do?

You can ask your boss if you can do the work on your car using materials in the shop.
If not, maybe your boss will allow you to do the work and give you a discount on materials.

I don't think my work will make a claim for my car.

You're right, the shop has no obligation to repair your car.

However, ask your boss and see if he or she is feeling generous towards you.

You might also wish to buy FULL coverage on your car, just in case it happens again.

This is why many of us maintain FULL coverage on our vehicles.

Back