Other Criminal Charges & Offenses cyberstalking and harrassment

chessplayer23

Jurisdiction
Washington
ok here is the story, i did a prank call on someone with the intent to do bodily harm a week later a cop called me asking questions about the alledged incident i admitted to what i said and told him it was a prank and did not mean any of it he later proceeded to tell me im getting charges pressed for cyberstalking and harrassment.

i live in the state of washington and did my research about the charges that im going to get hit with it says that in the state of washington the maximum penalty for these charges is a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.

so i contacted 2 online lawyer services, the 1st lawyer service told me that i should plead not guilty and i wont get a class C felony because i did not threaten to kill. so i contacted another lawyer service. the lawyer said that this isnt big of a deal that i might get a slap on the wrist or get minimal charges. i asked him if i will get arrested in court he said no. i also asked him about the charges i had in the past he said no. that these are new charges.

i need to know what im expecting out of all this.

what do i do if i cant afford an attorney

You appear in court as instructed, when instructed, follow the orders of the bailiff, plead NOT guilty when your name is called, and ask the judge if you qualify for a public defender.

From this moment forward you don't discuss the case, the charges, don't try explain what happened, or admit to anything.

If your record is spotless, you follow all instructions, don't break anymore of their laws while this is pending, you'll probably get some form of probation for a disorderly conduct related offense, pay a fine, complete some form of psych eval, do community service, and this will eventually fade away.

So, behave yourself.

If they haven't confiscated your computer, tablet, or electronic device, they'll probably soon appear with warrants to search your home and seize those devices.

Many people in your position mysteriously lose their devices, break them, or they somehow just go missing, some people claim they were stolen, or lost.

Whatever you do, don't talk to the police again. If the cops come calling, cooperate, be polite, but when they ask to talk about this (or any case); politely decline and say, "Sorry, officer, but under advice of an attorney, I will remain silent, and want to speak to an attorney."

Now, cops are very clever, very tricky, so no matter what ploy is used, keep repeating, the I choose to remain silent, sorry, line.

That's enough for now, stop asking questions, stop seeing monsters, just wait silently, and patiently, don't break anymore of their laws.

Make like a potted plant, and fade into the wallpaper.

Friend, you're making yourself too visible. This is at least the third, if not the fourth, legal law board where I've seen you admit to harassing someone.

There have been cases where the posts on these boards have been found and used to help convict the poster.

STOP TALKING ONLINE ABOUT WHAT YOU DID. You've gotten some good advice on the boards where you've been; now take that advice and stop leaving a trail.

Back