Customer Stopped Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enza47

I own a landscaping company. I did a landscaping job for this woman on the 10th of April. Today i received a letter from the bank saying that she stopped payment. She called me once saying that we broke a sprinkler and it cost her $ 50 to fix. I told her she should have called me and i would have come over and fixed it for free. She said she called twice already. But her story doesnt match up because i never got calls from her and she said that the next morning the community sprinkler company knocked on her door and told her about the sprinkler. And offered to fix it for $ 50. She says there is nothing I can do to fix it. She says I didnt use enough plants. Here in FL plants grow very quickly in the summer, I informed her that all her plants will grow and need room to grow. She just is not happy. She is going to have another landscape company come in and redo what i did, Using the plants i installed. Then taking the amount from the new landscaper and subtracting it from my bill along with the sprinkler work. I would love to just go to her house and take my plants back. I just dont know what to do. I have a strong feeling that she had this planned from the beginning. She stopped payment only 1 day after the job was done. The job was $ 2,100.00. In many cases like this i know the consumer will win. Because now a days, the consumer is always right. But what about us small businesses? I guess my question is .. Can i go to her house and take back my plants? If not what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back