Custody of my Brother??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixpony

What would I have to do, or is it even possible to obtain custody of my brother? I am 25 years old and he is 15 years old. He has to deal with extreem verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse too from my parents. He is in a deep depression and has been for the past 2 or so years. I am so worried about him! He has been asking me for a long time now to take him away from them...I just don't know what I can do. It's possible that he could emancipate them, but what are his chances at 15 right?! I would be more than able to take care of him both financially and emotionally. I think anyone that heard our story would agree!

Please respond ASAP!
Thanks!:confused:

You really need to see an attorney on this. Because he's 15 the court might let him testify about the abuse and that he wants to live with you but you really need to talk to an attorney that deals with the family and custody. Sometimes they offer free consultations or just charge you for an hour.

CPS or DSS should be getting involved. He is old enough to be taken seriously if he is telling them abuse is happening in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back