CSRS QDRO_how long does it take??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dream

Hello and thank you in advance for any response that is received. :blush

Going to Settlement conference in May (after almost 2yrs). I am not receiving very much money from him and me and my boys need to live and I am planning on moving out of our family home soon (foreclosure) and I will need money to move.

1) Once the QDRO is signed by the judge (I'm pretty sure the Judge will sign it before our settlement conference in May) how long will it take before I start getting any money?? His retirement plan is Civil Service Retirement System.

2) Is it possible that I can take a $40K lump sum out of my portion of the retirement for a down payment on a house? I'd rather buy than rent. with prices being what they are its cheaper to buy than to rent.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Hello and thank you in advance for any response that is received. :blush

Going to Settlement conference in May (after almost 2yrs). I am not receiving very much money from him and me and my boys need to live and I am planning on moving out of our family home soon (foreclosure) and I will need money to move.

1) Once the QDRO is signed by the judge (I'm pretty sure the Judge will sign it before our settlement conference in May) how long will it take before I start getting any money?? His retirement plan is Civil Service Retirement System.

2) Is it possible that I can take a $40K lump sum out of my portion of the retirement for a down payment on a house? I'd rather buy than rent. with prices being what they are its cheaper to buy than to rent.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I think you need to discuss this with YOUR lawyer.
This is far TOO important to you and your children and very personal to trust to the advice of strangers.
What, no lawyer?
He can be made to pay for one, just see a lawyer and he/she will arrange things.
If I were you, I wouldn't buy a house with the expectation that someone that you're divorcing is going to do right by you!
The marriage failed, what makes you think the other person will do right when you're gone?
They usually don't change, they often do get worse!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back