Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass criminal trespass to residence and poss cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisterD

I have been charged with the above. I was told as "ordinance" violations. Am I entitled to a Public Defender? If not, please advise. I am unemployed and cannot pay for an attorney. The daughter of home owner (my friend) said I could go in the house, but neighbor called police. The cannabis was in the bedroom, not on my person nor in my belongings. Friend cannot testify because she is studying abroad.

In curious. Who accused you of trespass? The Irene or the neighbor? The neighbor has no authority to do so. The daughter living abroad may not have had authority to give permission either though... so where does the owner stand?
Not enough info given to say if the weed possession is legit, but it does not have to be on your person to be in your possession.
Simply site up to court at the appropriate time. Don't attempt to explain anything to anyone. Ask for an attorney. For an ordinance violation you may not get one... you are looking at a fine, not a criminal charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back