Criminal or Civil Lawyer for Education Suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryh

My child attends elementary school and the district has redrawn the service area boundaries around us, so she will have to change schools to one that is farther away and not as good. We tried to waiver into a third elementary, closer to home, but the waiver was declined by the outgoing principal--despite the fact that my daughter was the sole waiver for her grade level. We then tried to waiver back into her original elementary, but it was also declined.

Both waivers were declined because they claimed to be at capacity for the upcoming year, and I know some of that capacity comes from accepting ongoing out-of-district waivers before in-district waivers. Even though they are suppposed to start fresh each year. There are also child care availability and quality issues at the new elementary, and nuisance transportation issues.

I am in the process of appealing the decision, and would like to know what sort of basis I may have to move forward with a lawsuit, and what type of lawyer is best suited to the task.

Thanks!
Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back