Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial criminal justice system is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioc75

My son was picked up about a year ago on a criminal attempt -aggrrivated burglary charge. The accuser said it was two black boys driving a white car. One of my sons friends just happened to be in the area and driving a white car. The police picked him up. They took his phone to see who he had talked to last. It was my son so they located him and picked him up also. We attained a lawyer for $700 to represent at the hearing. The hearing was about 3 months after the incident. First of all, the accuser was there and could not identify either of the boys. I thought the judge should have dismissed it right then. There were no other witnesses. If accuser can't identify the boys where is the case? Now it's 6 months later and my son just received a letter saying he has to appear at a bond arraignment. So now we have to pay another lawyer to represent him? This entire thing is a racket. The case is obviously bogus. How can iI get this case dismissed?

I suggest you and Junior speak with several lawyers. Then choose one to represent Junior. Once you've explained to the lawyer what you desire, see what he or she says, and work together to achieve your desired outcome. Never assume you know what the police know. In time you will, but not this far in advance of a trial.

Finally, the whole damn country is broken, not just the criminal injustice system.

I'm afraid, everything will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back