Criminal Records, Expungement Criminal Justice Student w/ Felony and Misdemeanor Charges Expunged

Status
Not open for further replies.

airetam

In 2007 I was charged with two criminal offenses. 1 misdemeanor for Retail Fraud of the 3rd degree and 1 Felony charge for using a Financial Device w/o Consent. I was sentenced to probation for each charge and eventually had both expunged.

I am a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and I would like to work within the court system. I know that the court system may view expunged charges and this concerns me greatly. I have completely changed as a person and I have grown up expediently since my criminal charges in 2007. I am worried however that I will be unable to get a job once i graduate because of my criminal history even though i have never technically been "convicted" of any crime.

Does anyone have any career advise on how i should apply for a job in the future? Will I ever be able to obtain a job within the court system or any government position for that matter? Should I be upfront and thoroughly transparent about my past to any employer? Any advise that you may have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back