Creditors forged contract/won judgement

Freeze

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
I had a judgement won against me for a portable building. The reason I stopped paying was they wouldn't provide me with any paperwork. Well they sued me and provided forged documents to the court along with a list of references that I've never heard of. Not to mention they had my address listed wrong. I never signed anything with them EVER. However they provided a signed copy of a contract to the court that was very obviously forged. They have not picked the building up as of yet and it's been 3 months. What options do I have? How long do they have to come get the building? Can I bring legal action against them? I would like to keep the building but I wanted proof that it would be mine and they wouldn't give that to me before things got ugly. What do I do?

If you are still within the time allowed you could seek an appeal. You will need to speak with legal counsel first and see if you have a good argument to make in seeking one.
Stopping payment probably was not your best option. You complicated things for yourself when you did that.

If you are still within the time allowed you could seek an appeal. You will need to speak with legal counsel first and see if you have a good argument to make in seeking one.
Stopping payment probably was not your best option. You complicated things for yourself when you did that.
You are absolutely right I did complicate things but I was worried once I couldn't get paperwork that I would end up paying out and loosing a whole lot more. I was also curious if there was a set amount of time that they were allotted to retrieve the building and if after so long it could be considered abandoned? I mean surely they can't just leave it here for a year and then decide they want to come get it can they? Or if I could start charging them a storage fee or something similar? I'm just really frustrated with the whole thing, all I asked for was basically what they ended up forging and handing the judge anyway.....

I never signed anything with them EVER.

That's your problem. You don't have to sign a contract to have a contract. You bought the building. You agreed to pay for it. They delivered it. You didn't pay.

You would have lost the lawsuit anyway.

What options do I have?

That depends on what the judgment says. Have a copy of the judgment in front of you when you answer this.

Does the judgment say you pay X dollars or do you return the building or something else?

Quote it word for word.

That's your problem. You don't have to sign a contract to have a contract. You bought the building. You agreed to pay for it. They delivered it. You didn't pay.

You would have lost the lawsuit anyway.

That depends on what the judgment says. Have a copy of the judgment in front of you when you answer this.

Does the judgment say you pay X dollars or do you return the building or something else?

Quote it word for word.
It says I pay x number of dollars for court cost and make the building available and ready to be picked up.

I suggest that you send them written notice that they have until (pick a date) to remove it or you will consider it abandoned and keep it.

See if that works.

Back